Not to worry, everyone. I got my proofs back from the person who borrowed them, and they’re now on the shelf along with my other books and various sundries.*
* Said sundries including:
- Smurfs. So, so, so many smurfs.
- Various stuffed animals, several of which are older than I am, being kept well out of the reach of a certain vizsla.
- A flying rubber-band monkey who lost a hand in an accident and had it replaced with a Husqvarna chainsaw.
- Marvin the Martian, who is no doubt plotting to destroy the computer desk to the right, because it blocks his view of Venus.
- Pictures of absent friends.
- The Linux penguin ice-skating.
- Did I mention the smurfs?